Oh, so yummy!
Pizza is arguably one of the world’s most fun foods. Whether it’s a perfect pepperoni loaded with extra cheese or a simple rustic Margarita, there’s something special about a good stretched dough with our favourite delicious toppings. It’s an ideal takeaway for sharing with our buddies.
Being massive foodies, here at Kukd, we scoured the web for the best fun facts about pizza for you. Read on for some surprising facts about one of Britain’s most popular foods!
- The word “pizza” was first written down in a Latin text in Southern Italy in 997 CE. Almost a thousand years ago!
- The average Briton eats more pizza than the average Italian.
- As we speak, NASA is developing 3D printers that can print pizzas for astronauts.
- Back in 2012 the world’s largest ever pizza was created in Rome. It covered an area of 13,580 sq ft and was called Ottavia after the first Roman Emperor. Ottavia was 100% gluten-free.
- Pepperoni is the single most popular topping with 36% of pizzas ordered topped in those delicious circles.
What’s your absolute favourite pizza? Drop us a comment below and let us know!